Hi Everyone!

_Derek

Hi Everyone!

Post by _Derek » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Well, I'm sure at least one of you has noticed my absence around here so I thought I'd drop by and say hello and ask for some prayers.

The last year I've been raked over the coals a bit. The spiritual highpoint of my life was the fellowship I had with Brody and some other believers when Steve came and spent a weekend in S. Georgia last year. Almost immediatly after that we began to be attacked by the devil and eventually my wife of 7 years (together for 13 years), left me. She was unhappy. Both our faults. She left. That was three months ago.

Before that we had grown more and more lukewarm in our relationship with God over the past year or so. She has altogether stopped believing and I've not been faithful to Him. I miss Jesus, and I want to get back on the right track. I have hardly prayed or read my bible in a year. Odd for me, huh? The devil is just plain smarter. Without prayer, and without walking with God, we're hopeless. I've learned that the hard way.

I need your prayers please. I'm having a pretty rough time here.

I started having a gig on the night my house church meets so I haven't been to church in months. I've been meaning to go find a new church and just haven't.

I am well aware that the answer to my problem is repentence. It's to just stop doing what I'm doing and start following Jesus. It's just been hard this time around. Really hard.

Sorry for blabbering on about my personal drama here, but I need some prayers and wanted to just let everyone know what's up so they could pray. Thanks.

God bless,
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Derek, I'm so sorry! You've got my prayers. I wish we were all connected face to face instead of by computers separated by thousands of miles. I wish we could surround you with support and comfort in person. I hope you'll be here more often so we can surround you with virtual support, anyway.
Reason:

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:20 am

1Co 12:26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is glorified, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 And you are the body of Christ, and members in part.

Praying for you, brother. I hope you are also able to have someone close by that you can keep in regular touch with, for accountability, and encouragement.
Reason:
Sue

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:27 am

I can't think of anything more emotionally hurful than what you have just experienced, Derek.

As soon as I read your post, I asked God to touch you in a special way. Be assured you have our support.
Last edited by _PTL on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:10 am

My prayers are with you brother! Keep the faith, and remember that God is a loving father who cares for you deeply.

God bless,
Robin
Reason:
God Bless

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Derek,

Like everyone else, I am so grieved to hear of your trials and your struggles! I hate the devil! I am praying for you, Brother. I know I am not geographically close to you, but you are welcome in my home anytime you may desire to visit California and receive some encouragement.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey Derek, Miss your insightful and passionate posts of which many had to be inspired by the Holy Spirit. Hope you believe God will move in your life because he will if you believe it.
I will pray for you brother and sorry to hear about your marriage.
Reason:

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

God bless,
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_TK

Post by _TK » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi Derek-

i too missed your posts and wondered if something might have been going on. i get nervous when I dont see people around- on here it is tough to know what might be happening.

i know it's cliche to say that the fact that you are here seeking help and encouragement is a good sign. You are on the right track.

keep checking in.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi Derek,

I know what it's like to backslide, Brother....
Many of us have done it to greater and lesser degrees at times, I would imagine.

I, too, got off track & got in a band, etc., etc., etc.

But since I came back to the Lord...(or was that He to me or both?)....
2 Tim 2:13
If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

This verse has been a kind of "theme" for me since I, once again, said,
"I am a Christian" (only 8 years ago)....

He was there all along...no matter what...and will be....no matter what.
I'm praying for you, Derek.
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.
I'll pray for her too.

God's Grace is designed for everyone.
Even the likes of me and you....
May His peace strengthen you from the insides, Amen! :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

Return to “General Questions”