Is the curse hard wired into the OT law?

jriccitelli

Re: Is the curse hard wired into the OT law?

Post by jriccitelli » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 am

Well we agree again, God is sexist. But God is not sexist in the way the world thinks of sexism (correct, the western/American world), after all God created sex. God also established that there is a difference between the sexes (you would think it was obvious), but unlike most the world, God has a higher value of women than any man, infact God values women more than most women value themselves.
I could have chosen to explain Leviticus 12 by saying God is sexist, but I chose to consider that maybe there was a deeper meaning, as there usually is. I did not profess to know the answer, I said “I don’t know… it seems God had medical/social reasons behind laws that were also of primary religious/spiritual significance…”

I ‘thought’ the question was about Leviticus 12 and the Law given by Moses, not why women should be quiet in church.
I have not considered this question before, but I know that if one were to consider looking into it they should look into the other Laws of clean and unclean, purification rituals and maybe the symbolic significance of the days. Maybe it is the created order of things, It may have something to do with the significance of the blood (?). Maybe a female baby is different for a mother, or we could look into some other possible reason, I was going to ponder the original curse thing, but alas, it would be so much simpler to just try and confirm God is sexist.

(But as someone said, I could go on a Google hunt if I wanted that answer)

Paidion

Re: Is the curse hard wired into the OT law?

Post by Paidion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 pm

No, TK, I don't reject out of hand that theory. For I don't have enough information to do so. However, I do doubt it, as there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to support it either.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “The Pentateuch”