Pictures at FaceBook

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
thrombomodulin

Pictures at FaceBook

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks for sharing some pictures of your family and yourself, it was a pleasure to see.

Peter

Suzana

Pictures at FaceBook

Post by Suzana » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:05 am

steve wrote:I have been to all of your pages, but some people here, who don't know your full names might wish they could find your pages. If you prefer not to have everyone going there, that is fine. But if you want people to visit your pages, you can post a link here.
I'm still not comfortable posting my link on a public forum, (am I being too paranoid? :? ), but you can easily find me if you're friends with Steve, TK, or Michelle.
And I'm still trying to figure out what's what on there.
Suzana

TK

Pictures at FaceBook

Post by TK » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:11 am

they just recently changed the format of facebook so i am trying to re-figure it out!

TK

Michelle

Pictures at FaceBook

Post by Michelle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:17 am

TK wrote:they just recently changed the format of facebook so i am trying to re-figure it out!

TK
Yeah...and I never really got the hang of it the way it was before.

Jason

Pictures at FaceBook

Post by Jason » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 am

brody196

Re: Pictures at FaceBook

Post by brody196 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 pm

I too have a facebook account.

Look up Brody Cobb Richland Ga.

Peace

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:36 am

This all got me inspired to add real photos of myself. I figured out how to use my scanner all by myself!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 am

I'm still feeling myself around this Facebook thing from a privacy standpoint. Do be careful to consider the warnings and the things that seem "real convenient" such as when they ask you if you want them to look through your emails to suggest possible friends that you email. That gives them your normal email password and they can filter and parse your emails for more than just email addresses (believe me -- they'll do it if you let them and simply store it until they figure out a way to monetize it). I think the same goes for the iPhoto integration -- they give the same warning, and so they could potentially get your friends and family names and the like from photos you've commented on, tagged, renamed, links to friends iPhoto shares, etc.

It may sound paranoid and conspiratorial, but you have no idea what computer systems like this can do to mine seemingly random personal information like this. Just consider the new iPhoto. It's fun, and as long as it's only on your own computer, it's innocent enough, but it recognizes people in photos and can identify the places from the GPS geotagging information in the photo. This is technology that just a year or two ago was only thought to exist in spy movies and CSI sort of television shows. It would not be difficult for a company (or nation) to piece together a complete dossier on who you know, where you've traveled, where all those you associate with have been and when and with whom. You may think you've got nothing to hide, but when you've friended hundreds of folks, you have no idea who they've friended and what person in those connections may get you on a "watch list."

I already see the value of connecting to folks through these sites (found several people to keep up with I think of often from High School already). But, use discretion.

Just be careful. I will be posting only a few pics and some superficial information about my life that folks who know me well at all know already from my public life, and hope that any personal communications and messaging would take place through conventional email (some of the same concerns exist with non-encrypted email, but I don't see a way around that these days short of compound life -- haha).

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:51 am

Just so you don't think I'm only paranoid (yes, sometimes there really are people after the paranoid), I've written patent applications for technologies like this and have been surprised by what systems were already doing "behind the scenes" even 15 years ago simply coupling the grocery store scanner data to your credit card number and zip code. The power of these companies is not even just from their own data, but the way they form partnerships with other companies with other seemingly useless random information. You cannot imagine the web of agreements these companies form to share data even when they barely smell a usefuleness -- truly, if you build it they will come -- they or someone else will figure out a way to later use the relationships and data.

Just think about it -- have you ever wondered why these "free" services are so well funded? How is something like twitter worth upwards of a billion dollars? They don't even have ads.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:14 am

Well, thanks, Darin, now I'm more paranoid than I was before. :shock: I just two days ago decided to post my real last name...although it wasn't too hard to figure out before since my kids use it and I communicate with them a lot on facebook. And here I was thinking I was all tech-savvy for figuring out the scanner. :roll:

Return to “Announcements”