SUNDAY NIGHTS—NEW RADIO PROGRAM on internet

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

Re: SUNDAY NIGHTS—NEW RADIO PROGRAM on internet

Post by steve » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:39 am

The first five programs (edited) are now posted at theos.org/media. Most of you may have already heard the unedited versions when they first aired. The value of these edited versions is that, if you want to re-listen to any of them, or you want to share any of them with other people, they will be easier to listen to.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:44 am

darinhouston wrote:Those are definitely the favorite approaches of today's "neo-Reformed" I think. I think they have a place, but from my perspective I don't think it gets you very far with a certain type of unbeliever. I think they like it because it appeals to those they would consider the "elect." In one sense, I think it sort of begs the question. In another sense, though, I think that is precisely what Steve has done in some of his discussions when he suggests that the atheist has no basis for things such as morals and values without a standard and that they have to "borrow" from the Christian worldview to reason their own worldview. He just uses different words and much more gentle approaches, I think, to express some of those same concepts.

I have even heard some of these guys refuse to let the atheist make any argument until they admit the existence of the God of the bible because they can't "legitimately" make any arguments without sharing our worldview. That seems counter-productive to me.
Brody, this is the topic I was telling you about...

brody196

Post by brody196 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Cool...Lets start a new topic on it.

brian

Post by brian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:40 pm

How do we support this program? Are funds coming from our donations to the Narrowpath, or do we need to donate specifically to this program? I imagine not many of the actual non-Christian listeners contribute funds to keep it on the air, so it would be up to us to do so.

steve

Post by steve » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 pm

I have never asked my audience on KSCO to help support "The Road to Find Out," for the simple reason that I am assuming most of the audience are unbelievers, and I don't believe in having unbelievers finance my outreach to them. In fact, I have not even given out a mailing address, nor any other contact information (other than our website), on this program.

Nor have I solicited funds for The Road to Find Out, even from The Narrow Path's audience. I pay KSCO $170 per week for this program. The first month I paid for it out of my own pocket. A few of our regular donors then designated their gifts for "The Road to Find Out," so I applied their gifts that way. My board of directors has authorized me to make-up any deficiency in giving to that program out of any surplus that may exist in The Narrow Path funds. Where there is no such surplus, my own personal funds can usually make-up the difference.

If you wish to support that program, you must make your checks out to "The Narrow Path," and designate in the memo: "for The Road to Find Out." If there should ever be much money designated for The Road to Find Out, I would like to spend a chunk of change on a piece of equipment that will allow me to do that program from remote locations, just as I do with The Narrow Path every day. Right now, I am forced to either play a prerecorded show on any Sunday nights when I am traveling (like this coming Sunday), or else rely on Skype, which did not work very admirably the one time I tried it.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Just curious, technically -- why would the same equipment not work? Is it necessarily tied to the station's choice of equipment? I would have thought these remote sets would have developed sort of a standard interface.

steve

Post by steve » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:40 am

There are different kinds of codecs. I don't know much about the technology, but I don't think KSCO has a unit that interfaces with the kind I use for KKMC. I could look into it more. I have been assuming that the two units have to be matched.

Erik

Post by Erik » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 am

Steve, this new show sure has brought the kooks out of the woodwork! I keep hoping you'll get some more intellectual callers, but in the meantime, I think continuing to be the rational one is perfect (and of course Also being patient and interested even when the caller is spouting nonsense). I am almost tempted to call in and argue the atheist viewpoint but of course that isn't possible. :)
- In the service of the Emperor of the Universe -

steve

Post by steve » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 am

I agree with your sentiments. I hope we eventually get some articulate and rational unbelievers calling in, and I think you might be able to be a better "atheist caller" (without being and actual atheist) than any we have had call in yet.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:54 am

I kinda like the 'crazy' callers!

American people really do believe stuff like that, so the show is helpful in terms of illustrating Christ-like ways of dealing with such a mixture of worldviews. I especially liked the 12/6 show (I think that's the one that made me laugh out loud about 5 times). In fact, I think I'm going to use it on a Sunday night in the near future as part of a discussion of evangelism.

Return to “Announcements”