If UR is true, how can there ever be an "end"?

brody196

If UR is true, how can there ever be an "end"?

Post by brody196 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm

This is something that I have often wondered about. Bear with me just a second while I try to put it into words...We know that the scriptures teach a future second coming of Christ, in which He will judge the world and make a new heaven and earth(unless you're a full preterist), so if UR is true and all men have to undergo a punishment until they repent, then at what stage could there ever be an "end"? Lost men and women die everyday, so its safe to assume that(assuming UR) many are currently experiencing "corrective fires", and many more people who are born will have to go through those "fires". What about the wicked who are alive at Christ second coming? Those whom the scriptures say "will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed."(2 Thess 1)...

In what way could there ever be a "last day" under the system of UR?

Thanks and merry Christmas/happy holidays guys/gals!

-Earl

Paidion

Re: If UR is true, how can there ever be an "end"?

Post by Paidion » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 pm

The "last day" mentioned by our Lord, seems to refer to the last day of this present age. It is recorded four times in John 6, that Jesus said that He would raise up believers on "the last day". It is written that the resurrection of the righteous will occur when Jesus comes (I Thess 4:16). Therefore Christ's coming will occur on "the last day". Regardless of one's position concerning the lost, there will clearly be "days" after the last day. But those days will belong to a different age.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Views of Hell”