Hello and thank you

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Johnsdad

Hello and thank you

Post by Johnsdad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi all,

New to the board and just wanted to say hello. Having discovered Steve's teachings on the web they have become a permanent addition to my Ipod and to be truthfull, my main source of instruction on the Bible. My routine of late has been to read a chapter that Steve is teaching on and then listen to his comentary. Read again, listen to more comentary... rinse and repeat. I have learned more with his comentary and lectures than I ever had before and seem to have more enthusiasm and eagerness to do so. (So thanks Steve!)

I appreciate the open and honest opinions expressed here as well as with Steve's approach to biblical literacy. I say that because I think many of the forums and discussions elsewhere tend to ridicule and demean alternative views of eschatology and biblical interpretations with out honest consideration and reading of the text.

I probably won't be doing a whole lot of posting since I think I'm pretty far out of my leauge here but will do much reading and pose the occasional question.

I'm a married father of two boys, John 3 and Benjamin 1 as well as father of kids from my wifes previous marriage two daughters 18 and 17 and a son 20. I have a German Shepherd named Grace and I live in Kansas where I enjoy (when I have time) reading, Mt. bike riding, and cooking.

I never really had an AHA! Christian moment, more of a progression with the more I learn of what it means to be a Christian. There have been many set backs and times of inactivity but always knowing that the truth of Jesus and of his word is indeed the most logical understanding of an otherwise Chaotic world. That, for me, has allowed me to strive to, in some measure, be that which the Lord would have me be, though I woefully fail most of the time.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the posts and the varied views here, as I hope to learn more about the amazingness(new word) of the Kingdom and all the things that I don't know.

Dave

RickC

Re: Hello and thank you

Post by RickC » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 am

Hello Dave & welcome to the "new" forum, :)

I first heard Steve on Hank Hanegraaff in late 2004, speaking on eschatology. Then I found his site & have listened to most of his free mp3s. Some of them several times. I've learned from them as they were a review of stuff I had in a Bible college {+ more}.

I've also learned from posting on Steve's "old" forum. Like yourself, I prefer forums that are, perhaps, less "crowded" and more personal or personable {friendly}.

My fave lecture by Steve is probably The Preeminence of the Father.

Btw, Steve is going to be in Saint Louis in October {see under Announcements}.
It's a tad far for me & I have to work anyway. I'd like to meet Steve...in this life.

Anyway, thanks & welcome.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:18 am

Hi Johnsdad! Nice to meet you. I really hope you do join in some conversations here. I'm hopelessly out of my league here as well, but I've found that if I ask questions the people here are very patient about explaining things and that helps me learn.

featheredprop

Post by featheredprop » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey Dave,

Welcome to the community here ....

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

Return to “The Courtyard”