Do we judge outside The Kingdom?

Discuss your walk and aspects of the kingdom of God here with fellow brothers in the Lord.
NebraskaMike

Do we judge outside The Kingdom?

Post by NebraskaMike » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:48 pm

There is alot of Scripture that says Christians are to expose the evil of this world and shine light to expose the darkness, etc. How do I reconcile this with 1 Corinthians 5:12 "For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?"

How do I reconcile? I am missing something here and need some help! I want to call out the evil people, their actions, unbiblical cultural practices, deviant stuff, etc. But, are we just supposed to let the world be the world and we just need to be concerned with sharing the good news and hope they leave that evil Kingdom and join God's Kingdom?

darinhouston

Re: Do we judge outside The Kingdom?

Post by darinhouston » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:36 pm

I think there is a significant difference between promoting truth and pointing out evil being done to someone, and even calling out an individual with the intent of making it stop (to protect the innocent) on the one hand, and pointing out motives and heart issues of the evildoer on the other hand. I also think seeing that justice is done in this world is different from trying to take a position on what they "ought" to do in cases when someone outside the kingdom isn't harming someone else. Indirect harms can be addressed corporately and promoting public policies in government and then leaving the judging of those individuals to the government if/when they don't follow those laws coming out of that policy argument.

Return to “The Kingdom”