Isaiah 14:12-17

Sean

Re: Isaiah 14:12-17

Post by Sean » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:24 am

RickC wrote:
Btw, "stars" in the Bible and elsewhere can refer to angels. Of course, we aren't accustomed to think of Jesus as an angel {though the meaning of the word is literally "messenger"}. As another aside, in his lecture on Rev 20, Steve {Gregg} thinks the "angel" who bound the devil was Jesus and presents a good case for it. I think probably so also: Jesus as God's capital m Messenger!

He reigns!

That is true. Jesus is called the "sun of righteousness" (Mal 4:2). Some could see this as if He's Ra the sun god. And God in the burning bush is later in the bible called the angel in the bush (Acts 7:35).
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

livingink

Re: Isaiah 14:12-17

Post by livingink » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:56 pm

Some teachers have apparently made comparison of Is. 14:12 "How you have fallen from Heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn!..." with Luke 10:18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. ..." (NIV) While the wording is somewhat similar the contexts in which they are used are quite different. Since the Scofield line of teaching was dispensational I'm wondering if this passage in Luke must be seen as getting its background in Isaiah for this part of the dispensational viewpoint to fall into line. Would anyone know that or have an opinion?

livingink

Return to “Major and Minor Prophets”