Got another copy of Steve Gregg's book

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Bud

Got another copy of Steve Gregg's book

Post by Bud » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I finished reading the Bible last week and was wondering what to read. I read some of my notes in successive days, then what?

Well I've been wanting another copy of "Revelation- Four Views- A Parallel Commentary", I gave my first copy to a Futurist Bible teacher (after reading it) as I really thought it would serve better there as I don't hold a teaching office. So....I picked one up today :)

I'm saying all this here Steve because I must confess to you that I tried to find a used copy at Powells Books. They had no used copies :) (serves me right) so you should be getting another dollar (you should get more!)

I will be bouncing around in that book for some time I expect.

Bud
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

PR

Re: Got another copy of Steve Gregg's book

Post by PR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 am

I was wondering if anyone knew if this book is available on Kindle.

Thanks,

Phil

steve

Post by steve » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm

I don't know if a Kindle version will be coming out or not. It might be hdd with the two-page spread-format to accommodate the Kindle format. I can't say.

I recently completed a revision of the book, which will be released June 25th, in paperback only. I think the first edition in hardback will be discontinued. If you get a hardback copy now, it may become a collector's item. On the other hand, if you wait for the second edition, it is better.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 pm

steve wrote:I don't know if a Kindle version will be coming out or not. It might be hdd with the two-page spread-format to accommodate the Kindle format. I can't say.

I recently completed a revision of the book, which will be released June 25th, in paperback only. I think the first edition in hardback will be discontinued. If you get a hardback copy now, it may become a collector's item. On the other hand, if you wait for the second edition, it is better.
Becoming a big time fan of Kindle (actually prefer iPad) and hope that Hell book will be released in epub or other ebook format. Steve, did you attempt to retain electronic distribution rights (at least after a period of time)? This has become pretty common in the religion space -- download with a donation could be pretty profitable to the ministry.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 pm

I do not remember what the contract said (and I am traveling away from home) about electronic rights to the book. Actually, since the contract was signed in 1995, there may have been no such thing considered in the contract. However, though Thomas Nelson obtained the copyright for me, they did so in my name. I am the copyright holder. If there is nothing in the contract about electronic distribution, I am not sure where things stand on that after.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Steve:

What improvements have you made? I love the book. Anxious to hear how you improved on it.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

steve

Post by steve » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 am

No radical chsanges. Mostly just filled up a lot of that obnoxious white space on a lot of the pages. Included quotes from a few newer commentators. I rewrote a few sentences in the introduction, and wrote a preface to the second edition. Also relabeled the fourth view. Changed from "Spiritual" to "Idealist." Not much else changed.

Return to “The Courtyard”