Problems with the website (cont.)

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Brad

Problems with the website (cont.)

Post by Brad » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Continuing with the previous post with this same subject:
* I was going through the series on Isaiah. It had about 60 lectures. It seems to have changed to a completely different series with 32 lectures. I guess the old one is lost? I'm guessing this new one is pointing to the series on theos.org?
* Some sections now have a "Toggle View" link near them to expand the section. Some don't. Work in progress?
* You can no longer register for this forum. The captcha is busted.

steve

Re: Problems with the website (cont.)

Post by steve » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I don't know the answers to all the questions. However, two men are working feverishly, as we speak, to remedy the various problems that have plagued the site for over two months. Many of the links that were broken are (or are being) repaired. In particular, the two lectures on the three views of hell are back on line at our site (they have always been available at these.org/media, but we like to direct people to our own website as often as possible).

The Isaiah series that used to be there is actually no longer than the series that is there now. The 60 lectures of the old set were really half-lectures (sides A and B of cassette tapes) of a series about the same length as the one presently posted. The present one is better—more recent and digitally recorded, instead of on cassette.

I have no involvement in the registration process at the forum. Jarrod would understand that better.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:05 am

Yea, I saw that the older re-CAPTCHA version was deprecated, but I haven't found an updated module for this bulletin board yet. I temporarily disabled it and was immediately flooded with SPAM signups so I set it back.

If anyone wants to sign up please feel free to e-mail forum at theos.org in the interim and we'll get you setup manually.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:13 am

Jarrod, would it help to have more than just you who can work on problems like this? New users not being able to register seems like a pretty major issue that should be fixed ASAP.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 am

I believe I increased your privileges for helping, but you seem to always be pushing for more. If you would like to take over the forum and have more time I have no problem handing over the database to you and letting a new group administer the forum piece. Feel free to contact me via private message if you are interested.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:44 am

jarrod wrote:I believe I increased your privileges for helping, but you seem to always be pushing for more.
Wow... Where on earth did that come from? I've never asked (much less pushed) for any control here. I've learned even suggestions or offers of help can put some folks on the defensive, so I'm pretty careful even going that far with people I don't know.

Yes, you made me an admin a while back, I can only assume because of my suggestions regarding the problem of spammers registering. But you didn't give me enough access to solve the problem; as far as I can tell, all I can do is clean up after the fact. Feel free to take that admin access back if it was given grudgingly; I'm happy to help where I can, but the last thing I want to do is step on anyone's toes while doing it.

Well, you know I'm here, and Steve has some idea of my capabilities around computers. Should you ever want some help with the forum, maybe the two of you can work out whether it seems like a good idea to involve me, and let me know. In the meantime, I won't bother you about any of this again. Sorry to have offended.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:35 pm

I was not being disingenuous, no need to assume anything else. There are other things I'm doing on these servers so it is not setup grant privileges other than admin access to the board which, to my knowledge, is necessary for adding modules (especially spam preventative ones). I realize this is not ideal so I am more than willing to handle the media aspects and have others with good ideas and time to invest manage the forum. I mentioned you specifically because your recommendations and questions make you a candidate.

Return to “Announcements”