Follow the Bible where it leads

21centpilgrim

Follow the Bible where it leads

Post by 21centpilgrim » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am

the way we have gotten to consider the topic of hell, the permission given or taken in the journey to understand what is meant by hell, possible alternatives to the traditional view- eternal conscious torment.
This can and I think should be applied to the Trinity. As Steve has said before, ' the truth will have the best argument.' For 20 years as a Trinitarian, i never gave the time of day to non-trinitarian, yet Christian approaches to the topic

When rethinking hell one comes to find that ECT was a later tradition added that was heavily influenced by neo-platonism and Greek tradition which heavily influenced the church fathers. Trying to peel back that influence one can see earlier more Jewish and more contextually appropriate ways of thinking about what hell meant.
I think the same is true regarding how we think of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. And it at least deserves to not be dismissed at the first glance without trying to understand if alternatives have any validity to them and can be harmonized with scripture.

I have posted numerous times over the last few years on here because it was the only safe place I knew of at the time to question the Trinity, my arguments against and all comments are not equally strong and at times I just desired to share atm, about a specific weakness, perceived or genuine.
I have been surprised at some common proof texts used in standard Trinity arguments to be weak and actually verses not trying to be understood in their context but 'fit' in to make the Trinity claim.

Thank you all, for this place you have been a part of and Steve and the moderators for allowing this space along our journeys.
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

Return to “The Trinity”